This is the documentation page of the Enliven WordPress Theme. We will try to keep everything well documented. If you are not sure about particular area of this please use the support forum.
2. Theme Installation
- Theme installation process is same as others.
- Download the .zip file. Enliven Pro theme can be downloaded from – https://themezhut.com/my-account/my-api-downloads/ After the purchase
- Go to Appearance > Themes in the WordPress Dashboard.
- Click on the Add New button.
- Click on the Upload Theme button on the top.
- Use Choose File button to select the theme .zip file.
- Select the theme ‘zip’ file from your computer and click Install Now Button.
- After successfully installing the theme click “Activate Theme”.
Activating Enliven Pro API Key.
After the purchase, you should have received your API key to your email.
If you haven’t got it please go to https://themezhut.com/my-account/my-api-keys/ and get your API key.
Then please navigate to “Dashboard > Settings > Enliven Pro Theme Activation” to enter your API key and API email. After entering the details hit the “Save Changes” button.
3. Add a Custom Logo
Adding a custom logo is very easy. Please use the following steps.
- Go to Customizer in the WordPress Dashboard. ( Appearance > Customize ).
- In the Site Identity section click on the “Select image” button which is under the Site tile and site tagline input boxes.”
Upload Your Logo and Click Select in the upload screen.
- Just after the above setting there is a setting called “Display site title / logo”. Choose your preferred option from that setting.
- Click “Save and Publish” button at the top.
4. Custom Main Menu
- After just installing the theme it will display the pages as the default menu. You can add your own links, categories, pages for the menu.
- Go to Appearance > Menus in the WordPress Dashboard.
- In the edit menus tab click on the link “create new menu”.
- Give a Menu Name and click button “create menu”.
- Then you can choose/create the links from the three tabs(Pages/Links/Categories) which is in the left hand side.
- After Creating the menu select the Theme Location of the menu.(It’s under the Menu Settings which is in the bottom of the page. ) In this case tick the “Primary Menu”.
- Hit Save.
5. Business Homepage
– Adding a business homepage.
- Create a new page by going to Pages > Add New in the WordPress Dashboard
- Give the page a name whatever you want. eg : Home.
- Then from the page attributes options box select the Template as “Business Template”.
- Then Go to Settings > Reading in the WordPress Dashboard and select the “A Static Page” option which is under the heading “Front Page Displays”.
- Then Select the page that you created from the “Front Page” drop down . eg: Home
– Adding a blog post page when business homepage is activated.
- Go to Pages > Add New in the WordPress Dashboard.
- Give it a name whatever you want. eg : Blog.
- Then from the page attributes options box select the Template as Default Template.
- Then Go to Settings > Reading in the WordPress Dashboard and select the option “A static page” which is under the heading “Front Page Displays”.
- Then Select the page that you created, from the “Posts Page” drop down . eg: Blog.
Watch this video to learn how to add a static homepage and use homepage widgets.
6. Using Homepage Widgets
If you have created a business homepage as described in the above section and if you are currently in that homepage from the customizer preview, now you are ready to use widgets. Go to Appearance > Customize > Widgets. If you cannot see the “Business Template” Widget area as displayed in the following screenshot you haven’t created your magazine homepage correctly or you are not in the homepage preview.
Now select the Business Template widget area and start adding Enliven Widgets and configure them to make your site as you like from the theme customizer screen.
OR you can use Appearance > Widgets screen to drag and drop and configure your widgets in Business Template Widget area as follows. The advantage when using the theme customizer screen is that you can preview the changes you make.
7. Homepage Widgets
There are seven Homepage widgets included in this theme. They are,
- Enliven: Icon Blocks
- Enliven: Call to action
- Enliven: Featured Pages
- Enliven: Portfolio
- Enliven: Testimonial
- Enliven: Featured Blog Posts
- Enliven: Clients
1. Enliven: Icon Blocks widget.
Font icon names can be found here – Font Awesome Cheat Sheet
2. Enliven: Call to Action widget.
3. Enliven: Featured Pages widget.
4. Enliven: Portfolio Widget
This widget will display in the widgets area only if you have installed jetpack plugin and have activated “custom content type” module.
5. Enliven: Testimonial widget
This widget can be used to display your customer feedback in the front page.
6. Enliven: Featured Blog Posts widget.
Enliven Widgets and Widget Areas.
Enliven has included a full screen slider. To create slides, please create pages with featured images and select those pages for slider from “Appearance > Slider”. Then tick the “Activate slider on static frontpage” checkbox.
If you want to display this slider on Blog Posts tick the “Activate slider on blog” checkbox.
Watch this video to learn how to setup the slider.
9. Social Media Menu
Social media menu of enliven uses normal WordPress menus. Social Media Menu displays in the footer area of the website. Please follow these steps to create menus.
1. Go to Appearance > Menus from the WordPress dashboard and create a new menu.
2. Then add custom links to the created menu.
3. Finally Select the “Theme Location” for the menu as Social Media Menu to display your social menu.
10. Activating Portfolio.
1. Install Jetpack Plugin.
2. Go to Jetpack > Settings from the WordPress dashboard. ( You will see a new menu item called Jetpack after installing the Jetpack plugin. )
3. Then find the Custom Content Types module as shown in the screenshot. You will see a link called Activate when you hover over the area. Click that “Activate” link to activate Custom Content Types.
4. After activating the module you will see a new menu item called “Portfolio” in the dashboard. Go to Portfolio > Add New to add a new portfolio project.
5. After adding the products go to http://yoursite.com/portfolio/ to see the portfolio items listing in the Portfolio Archive. ( Replace yoursite.com part with your url )
6. See the following screenshot to learn the number of portfolio posts to be displayed in the archive.
11. Activating Testimonials.
If you followed the above first three steps of the “Activating Portfolio” section, now you can activate the testimonials also. Go to Settings > Writing from the dashboard and scroll the screen. You will see a heading called “Testimonials”. Tick the checkbox “Enable Testimonials for this site”.