This is the documentation page of the Awaken Pro WordPress Theme. We will try to keep everything well documented. If you are not sure about particular area of this please contact us.
2. Theme Installation
- Theme installation process is same as others.
- Download the theme file ( awaken-pro.zip ) from https://themezhut.com/my-account/
- Go to Appearance > Themes in the WordPress Dashboard.
- Click on the Add New button.
- Click on the Upload Theme button on the top.
- Use Choose File button to select the awaken-pro.zip file.
- Select the theme ‘awaken-pro.zip’ file from your computer and click Install Now Button.
- After successfully installing the theme click “Activate Theme”.
NOTE: If you are upgrading from Awaken free version, all of your current settings like theme customizer settings, widgets, menus, etc.. will be migrated to the Pro version automatically. You do not have to start all over again.
Activating Theme License.
After the purchase, you should have received your License key to your email.
If you haven’t got it please go to https://themezhut.com/my-account/and get your License key. You can reset your password if you have forgot your password.
Then please navigate to “Dashboard > Appearance > Theme License” to enter your License key. After entering the License Key hit the “Activate License” button and “Save Changes” button.
Special Note: If you purchased your theme before 25th of March 2020, please read this – We changed our theme licensing / theme update system.
Import Demo Data
Note: This step is optional. This will reproduce the demo site in your own site with demo content. We recommend installing demo data only on fresh/new sites.
To import demo data please follow these steps.
- First install and activate this plugin. – One Click Demo Import.
- Then please go to Dashboard > Appearance > Import Demo Data.
- Click the “Import Demo Data” button at the bottom of the page to install the demo.
You will have to wait few minutes ( 5 – 15 mins ) until it imports the demo data.
3. Add a Custom Logo
Adding a custom logo is very easy. Please use the following steps.
- Go to Customizer in the WordPress Dashboard. ( Appearance > Customize ).
- In the Site Identity section click on the “Select image” button which is under the Site tile and site tagline input boxes.”
Upload Your Logo and Click Select in the upload screen.
- Just after the above setting there is a setting called “Display site title / logo”. Choose your preferred option from that setting.
- Click “Save Options” button in the bottom of the General Tab.
4. Custom Main Menu
- After just installing the theme it will display the pages as the default menu. You can add your own links, categories, pages for the menu.
- Go to Appearance > Menus in the WordPress Dashboard.
- In the edit menus tab click on the link “create new menu”.
- Give a Menu Name and click button “create menu”.
- Then you can choose/create the links from the three tabs(Pages/Links/Categories) which is in the left hand side.
- After Creating the menu select the Theme Location of the menu.(It’s under the Menu Settings which is in the bottom of the page. ) In this case tick the “Primary Menu”.
- Hit Save.
5. Magazine Homepage
– Adding a magazine homepage.
- Create a new page by going to Pages > Add New in the WordPress Dashboard
- Give the page a name whatever you want. eg : Home.
- Then from the page attributes options box select the Template as Magazine Template.
- Then Go to Settings > Reading in the WordPress Dashboard and select the “A Static Page” option which is under the heading “Front Page Displays”.
- Then Select the page that you created from the “Front Page” drop down . eg: Home
– Adding a blog post page when magazine homepage is activated.
- Go to Pages > Add New in the WordPress Dashboard.
- Give it a name whatever you want. eg : Blog.
- Then from the page attributes options box select the Template as Default Template.
- Then Go to Settings > Reading in the WordPress Dashboard and select the option “A static page” which is under the heading “Front Page Displays”.
- Then Select the page that you created from the “Posts Page” drop down . eg: Blog.
Now you have created a “Magazine Homepage” to display posts widgets and “Blog page” to display normal blog posts. To display posts widgets in magazine homepage drag and drop posts widgets to magazine 1 and magazine 2 widget areas. ( Widgets and widget areas are shown in an image, bottom of this article. )
6. Layouts – Boxed / Wide
Layout options of the Awaken Pro WordPress theme exists in Appearance > Customize > Layout Options.
Select your preferred layout from the dropdown.
After creating the boxed layout you may want to change the background color or background image of the site. (background means the area outside the content area) To change the background color go to Appearance > Customize > Site Styling > Site Main Colors > Background Color. To change the background image go to Appearance > Customize > Site Styling > Background Image.
7. Featured Images and Slider
Slider can be activated in 2 ways in ‘Awaken Pro’.
First one is slider based on the category.
1. Go to Customizer > Homepage Settings > Featured Slider.
2. Mark the ‘Display slider on homepage ?’ check box.
3. Put number of slides you want in ‘Number of slides’ input area.
4. Then select the category of posts which you want to display in the slider. ( Featured images of posts of the selected category will be displayed as slider images.
– Featured images of posts should be at least in width of 752px and in height of 440px to display slider images properly.
– Use regenerate thumbnail plugin to crop all the images.
Second one is custom slider.
Activate(select on button) the custom slider from Customizer > Homepage Settings > Custom Slider.
Then add images, titles and urls.
– Slide image width MUST be 752px and height MUST be 440px or must be propotional to that ratio(eg: width: 1504px, height: 880px; ) in order to display the slides properly.
– Regenerate thumbnail plugin does “not” crop the images when you are using custom slider. You have to use photo editing software to crop images manually.
You may have noticed that when you upload featured images from posts they doesn’t have same sizes in the blog index page or magazine page. To fix that please use the great regenerate thumbnail plugin to crop images. It will crop all the featured images of posts.
There are 9 widgets that you can display in the magazine template.
1. Awaken: Single Category Posts
2. Awaken Two Block Posts Widget.
3. Awaken Three Block Posts Widget.
4. Awaken Sidebar Posts Widget.
5. Awaken Popular Posts, Comments, Tags Widget.
6. Awaken 300×250 Ad Widget.
7. Awaken Responisive 728×90 Ad Widget.
8. Awaken Youtube video Widget.
9. Awaken Facebook Like box
9. Widget Areas
1. Magazine 1
2. Magazine 2
3. Main Sidebar
4. Footer Left Sidebar
5. Footer Mid Sidebar
6. Footer Right Sidebar
Drag and drop each widget to the relevant widget areas and arrange them any order you want. Following image shows the slider, featured post areas, widgets and widget areas