This is the documentation page of the Bam Pro WordPress Theme. We will try to keep everything well documented. If you are not sure about any particular area of this please contact us. We will support priority support for our premium customers.
2. Theme Installation
- Theme installation process is same as others.
- Download Bam PRO theme ( bam-pro.zip ) file from https://themezhut.com/my-account/my-api-downlods/ after the purchase. )
- Go to Appearance > Themes in the WordPress Dashboard.
- Click on the Add New button.
- Click on the Upload Theme button on the top.
- Use Choose File button to select .zip file.
- Select the theme ‘zip’ file from your computer and click Install Now Button.
- After successfully installing the theme click “Activate Theme”.
Activating API Key.
After the purchase, you should have received your API key to your email.
If you haven’t got it please go to https://themezhut.com/my-account/my-api-keys/ and get your API key.
Then please navigate to “Dashboard > Settings > Bam Pro Theme Activation” to enter your API key and API email. After entering the details hit the “Save Changes” button.
Import Demo Data
Note: This step is optional. This will reproduce the demo site in your own site with demo content.
To import demo data please follow these steps.
- First install and activate this plugin. – One Click Demo Import.
- Then please go to Dashboard > Appearance > Import Demo Data.
- Click the “Import Demo Data” button.
You will have to wait few minutes until it imports the demo data.
3. Adding a Custom Logo
Adding a custom logo is very easy. Please use the following steps.
- Go to Customizer > Site Identity in the WordPress Dashboard. ( Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Site Identity ).
- Then click on the “Select Logo” button which is under the “Logo” title. Then use the upload tab to upload a logo or select the previously uploaded logo from the popped up media library window.
- Now if you don’t want to show the site title and description text you can un-check the “Display site title and tagline” check box.
- Click “Save and Publish” button at the top.
- You can change the custom logo width and height directly from the customizer. Scroll down in the site identity section to find width and height controls.
4. General Options
– 4.1 Site Layout
Your site can be displayed either in a Boxed Layout or a Wide Layout. Please go to Appearance > Customize > General Options and select your preferred layout from “Site Layout” select box.
After selecting the boxed/wide layout you can change the boxed/wide layout width from the “Boxed Width” and “Container Width” Control.
– 4.2 Content width
You can change the width of your content of your whole site by using the “Content Width” control.
– 4.3 Sidebar width
You can change the width of your sidebar by using the Sidebar Width control.
Note: Content width + Sidebar width must be equal 100 in order to display them side by side.
– 4.4 Sticky sidebar PRO
Mark the “Activate sticky sidebar” checkbox to activate sticky sidebar.
5. Header Options
Header Options of the Bam WordPress theme is located at Appearance > Customize > Header Options.
– 5.1 Header Style
To change header style please navigate to Appearance > Customize > Header Options > General. Currently there are two header styles available. We will add more header styles in the future.
- Default Style – This is the default style. Menu is below the logo.
- Horizontal Style – Logo and Menu stays side by side.
– 5.2 Logo Alignment
When the Default style header is active you can align your logo left, right or center.
– 5.3 Header Height
When the Default style of the header is active you can adjust header height using the Header Padding Top(px) and Header Padding Bottom(px) controls.
When the horizontal style of the header is active you can adjust the header height using the Header Height(px) slider control.
– 5.4 Header Background Color
Change header background color using the Header Background Color control on Appearance > Customize > Header > General.
– 5.5 Header Text color
Header text color ( Logo and description color ) can be changed from Appearance > Customize > Colors.
6. Main Menu
- Go to Appearance > Menus in the WordPress Dashboard.
- In the edit menus tab click on the “create new menu” link.
- Give a Menu Name and click button “create menu”. For example if you are planing to use this as main menu type “Main Menu”
- Then you can choose/create the links from the tabs (Pages/Posts/Custom Links/Categories) which are in the left hand side of the screen.
- After Creating the menu select the Theme Location of the menu.(It’s under the Menu Settings which is in the bottom of the page. ) Select where you want to show this menu. Theme has two menu locations. ( Main Menu, Top Menu )
- Finally Hit Save.
– 6.1 Main Menu Options
Main menu options are located at Appearance > Customize > Header > Menu.
– 6.2 Search Box/Icon
You can display or hide Search Box Icon on menu bar using the “Display Search Box” checkbox.
– 6.3 Menu Colors
You can change main menu colors from Appearance > Customize > Header > Menu.
7. Top Bar Options
Settings for the top bar is located at Appearance > Customize > TopBar. To display the top bar please go to Appearance > Customize > TopBar > General and mark the checkbox “Display Top Bar”.
To display the date on top bar just mark the “Display Date” checkbox.
– 7.1 Top Bar Menu
You can display a menu on Top Bar. To display the menu on top bar,
- Create a new menu from Appearance > Menus.
- Assign that menu to “Top Bar Menu”.
– 7.2 Top Bar Colors
To change top bar colors please go to Appearance > Customize > TopBar > General.
– 7.3 Top Bar Social Media Menu
Social Media settings for the top bar is located at Appearance > Customize > Top Bar > Social.
To display the social media menu on top bar,
- Mark the “Display Social Media Icons” checkbox on Appearance > Customize > Top Bar > Social.
- Then please navigate to Appearance > Customize > Social Media.
- Add the links of the social media in the relevant fields.
8. Blog Entries Options
All the settings for blog entries are available on Appearance > Customize > Blog > Blog Entries. These options apply only for blog & archive listing pages.
– 8.1 Content & sidebar alignment
There are 4 blog layout options in the Bam WordPress Theme. To select your preferred layout please navigate to Appearance > Customize > Blog > Blog Entries > Blog Layout.
- Right Sidebar ( Default )
- Left Sidebar
- No Sidebar – Full Width Content.
- No Sidebar – 80% width content centered.
– 8.2 Blog Style
There are three styles available to display your blog entries.
- Grid Posts ( You can select how many posts to display per row from Grid Columns option )
- List Posts
- Large Posts
– 8.3 Content Options.
You can control what kind of details to display on blog entries. Scroll down in the Blog Entries section to find content options.
– 8.4 Display Read More Button.
You can display a continue reading button for the blog entry. To add a Read More button please navigate to Appearance > Customize > Blog > Blog Entries and scroll down until your find the “Display Read More Button” checkbox.
9. Single Post Options
Single Post options are available at Appearance > Customize > Blog > Single Post.
– 9.1 Single Post Layout.
There are 4 options for single post content and sidebar alignment.
- Right sidebar
- Left sidebar
- No sidebar – Full Width
- No sidebar – content centered.
– 9.2 Single Posts Content Options
You can control what kind of post details to display on single posts. To change the content options on single posts please navigate to Appearance > Customize > Blog > Single Post.
– 9.3 Related Posts
You can display related posts on single posts based on the post’s category or tags. To find related posts options please navigate to Appearance > Customize > Blog > Single Post and scroll down in the section.
10. Typography Options
On Bam WordPress theme you can select fonts, change font sizes and change font colors easily. There are 600+ google fonts to choose from. Typography options are available at Appearance > Customize > Typography Options.
There are currently 6 widgets bundled with the Bam Pro theme.
- Bam: Sidebar Posts – Can be displayed on Main Sidebar and Footer Sidebar.
- Bam: Popular, Recent, Comments, Tabs widget – Can be displayed on Main Sidebar and Footer Sidebar.
- Bam: Magazine Posts (Style 1) – Use this on Magazine Widget Area
- Bam: Magazine Posts (Style 2) – Use this on Magazine Widget Area
- Bam: Magazine Posts (Style 3) – Use this on Magazine Widget Area
- Bam: Magazine Posts (List Post) – Use this on Magazine Widget Area
12. Widget Areas
2. Magazine Widget Area
3. Header Sidebar
4. Footer Left Sidebar
5. Footer Mid Sidebar
6. Footer Right Sidebar
Add widgets to the relevant widget areas and arrange them in any order you want.
13. Magazine Front Page
– 13.1 Featured Content
Displaying featured posts ( Slider and two posts beside slider ) on front page is very simple. go to widget area from Appearance > Widgets OR Appearance > Customize > Widgets, and add Bam: Featured Posts ( Slider + 2 Posts ) widget into the “Front Page: Top” Widget Area.
– 13.2 Magazine Posts Widgets
Bam Pro WordPress theme features a fully widgetized front page. It is very easy to setup this magazine layout. All you have to do is go to widget area from Appearance > Widgets OR Appearance > Customize > Widgets, and add Bam: Magazine Posts widgets into the “Front Page: Content” Widget Area . You can add each widget any number of times and arrange them any order you want.