This is the documentation page of the Awaken WordPress Theme. We will try to keep everything well documented. If you are not sure about particular area of this please use the support forum.
2. Theme Installation
- Theme installation process is same as others.
- Download the .zip file.
- Go to Appearance > Themes in the WordPress Dashboard.
- Click on the Add New button.
- Click on the Upload Theme button on the top.
- Use Choose File button to select .zip file.
- Select the theme ‘zip’ file from your computer and click Install Now Button.
- After successfully installing the theme click “Activate Theme”.
NOTE: When you upgrade to Awaken Pro from the Awaken free version, all of your current settings like theme customizer settings, widgets, menus will be migrated to the Pro version automatically. You do not have to start all over again.
3. Add a Custom Logo
Adding a custom logo is very easy. Please use the following steps.
- Go to Customizer in the WordPress Dashboard. ( Appearance > Customize ).
- In the Site Identity section click on the “Select image” button which is under the Site tile and site tagline input boxes.”
Upload Your Logo and Click Select in the upload screen.
- Just after the above setting there is a setting called “Display site title / logo”. Choose your preferred option from that setting.
- Click “Save and Publish” button at the top.
4. Custom Main Menu
- After just installing the theme it will display the pages as the default menu. You can add your own links, categories, pages for the menu.
- Go to Appearance > Menus in the WordPress Dashboard.
- In the edit menus tab click on the link “create new menu”.
- Give a Menu Name and click button “create menu”.
- Then you can choose/create the links from the three tabs(Pages/Links/Categories) which is in the left hand side.
- After Creating the menu select the Theme Location of the menu.(It’s under the Menu Settings which is in the bottom of the page. ) In this case tick the “Primary Menu”.
- Hit Save.
5. Magazine Homepage
– Adding a magazine homepage.
- Create a new page by going to Pages > Add New in the WordPress Dashboard
- Give the page a name whatever you want. eg : Home.
- Then select the “Magazine Template” option for the “Template” setting which is in the “Summary” section of the “Page” Tab Panel.
- Then Go to Settings > Reading in the WordPress Dashboard and select the “A Static Page” option which is under the heading “Front Page Displays”.
- Then Select the page that you created from the “Front Page” drop down . eg: Home
– Adding a blog post page when magazine homepage is activated.
- Go to Pages > Add New in the WordPress Dashboard.
- Give it a name whatever you want. eg : Blog.
- Then from the page attributes options box select the Template as Default Template.
- Then Go to Settings > Reading in the WordPress Dashboard and select the option “A static page” which is under the heading “Front Page Displays”.
- Then Select the page that you created from the “Posts Page” drop down . eg: Blog.
Now you have created a “Magazine Homepage” to display posts widgets and “Blog page” to display normal blog posts. To display posts widgets in magazine homepage drag and drop posts widgets to magazine 1 and magazine 2 widget areas. ( Widgets and widget areas are shown in a image bottom of this article. )
6. Featured Images and Slider
You may have noticed that when you upload featured images from posts they doesn’t have same sizes in the blog index page or magazine page. To fix that please use the great regenerate thumbnail plugin to crop images. It will crop all the featured images of posts.
1. Go to Appearance > Customize > Homepage Settings > Featured Slider.
2. Check the ‘Display slider on homepage’ check box.
3. Then select the category of posts which you want to display in the slider. ( Featured images of posts of the selected category will be displayed as slider images.
– Featured images of posts should be at least in width of 752px and in height of 440px to display slider images properly.
– Use regenerate thumbnail plugin to crop all the images.
There are 6 widgets that you can display in the magazine template.
1. Awaken: Single Category Posts
2. Awaken Two Block Posts Widget.
3. Awaken Three Block Posts Widget.
4. Awaken Popular Posts, Comments, Tags Widget.
5. Awaken 300×250 Ad Widget.
6. Awaken Youtube video Widget.
8. Widget Areas
1. Magazine 1
2. Magazine 2
3. Main Sidebar
4. Footer Left Sidebar
5. Footer Mid Sidebar
6. Footer Right Sidebar
Drag and drop each widget to the relevant widget areas and arrange them any order you want. Following image shows the slider, featured post areas, widgets and widget areas
If you like this theme, please be kind enough to give us a 5 star rating on WordPress.org.