- Theme Installation.
- Add a Custom Logo.
- Custom Main Menu.
- Featured Images and slider.
- Magazine Template.
- Widget Areas.
2. Theme Installation
- Theme installation process is same as others.
- Download the .zip file.
- Go to Appearance > Themes in the WordPress Dashboard.
- Click on the Add New button.
- Click on the Upload Theme button on the top.
- Use Choose File button to select .zip file.
- Select the theme ‘zip’ file from your computer and click Install Now Button.
- After successfully installing the theme click “Activate Theme”.
3. Add a Custom Logo
Adding a custom logo is very easy. Please use the following steps.
- Go to Customizer in the WordPress Dashboard. ( Appearance > Customize ).
- In the Site Identity section click on the “Select image” button which is under the Site tile and site tagline input boxes.”
Upload Your Logo and Click Select in the upload screen.
- Just after the above setting there is a setting called “Display site title / logo”. Choose your preferred option from that setting.
- Click “Save and Publish” button at the top.
4. Custom Main Menu
- After just installing the theme it will display the pages as the default menu. You can add your own links, categories, pages for the menu.
- Go to Appearance > Menus in the WordPress Dashboard.
- In the edit menus tab click on the link “create new menu”.
- Give a Menu Name and click button “create menu”.
- Then you can choose/create the links from the three tabs(Pages/Links/Categories) which is in the left hand side.
- After Creating the menu select the Theme Location of the menu.(It’s under the Menu Settings which is in the bottom of the page. ) In this case tick the “Primary Menu”.
- Hit Save.
5. Featured Images and Slider
You may have noticed that when you upload featured images from posts they doesn’t have same sizes in the blog index page or magazine page. To fix that please use the great regenerate thumbnail plugin to crop images. It will crop all the featured images of posts.
1. Go to Appearance > Customize > Slider.
2. Check the ‘Display slider on homepage?’ check box.
3. Then select the category of posts which you want to display in the slider. ( Featured images of the posts of the selected category will be displayed as slider images.
– Featured images of posts should be at least in width of 1070px and in height of 500px to display slider images properly.
– Use regenerate thumbnail plugin to crop all the images.
4. If you are using Arouse Pro you can add custom images with custom titles and links. To use custom slider select the “Custom Slider” under the setting “Select slider Type”.
6. Magazine Template ( Only in Arouse Pro Version )
On Arouse Pro you can use the magazine widget area to display “Posts Block Widgets” in magazine style. Just Drag and drop following Posts Blocks to magazine widget area.
Following are the widgets included in the theme.
Free Version Widgets.
- Arouse: Sidebar Posts.
- Arouse: Social Media Widget.
Pro Version Widgets.
- Arouse Pro: Posts Block ( Style 1 )
- Arouse Pro: Posts Block ( Style 2 )
- Arouse Pro: Posts Block ( Style 3 )
- Arouse Pro: About Me widget.
- Arouse Pro: 300×250 Ad
- Arouse Pro: 728×90 Ad
- Arouse Pro: Facebook Like Box
- Arouse Pro: Sidebar Posts
- Arouse Pro: Social Media Widget.
8. Widget Areas
2. Main Sidebar
3. Footer Left Sidebar
4. Footer Mid Sidebar
5. Footer Right Sidebar
Drag and drop each widget to the relevant widget areas and arrange them any order you want.